I hope this finds you in the midst of an amazing summer! I didn’t get the chance to post about what I was reading in July. I was up visiting my family in Michigan and also slammed with not one, but TWO revisions on HOUSE OF SALT AND SORROWS, plus #CampNanoWriMo. It was a busy month but I had so much fun getting to see everyone, getting my hair cut (finally!), and taking my author pictures taken (more on that later!).
- Tara Isabella Burton’s SOCIAL CREATURE
- Peng Shepherd’s THE STORY OF M
- Marissa Pessl’s NEVERWORLD WAKE
- Paul Trembley’s THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD and
- Mindy McGinnis’ A MADNESS SO DISCREET
and… (insert drum roll here)
…crushed my third #CampNano, clocking 813 pages of edits!
With HOUSE OF SALT AND SORROWS off to copy edits (hooray!) I’m tackling my TBR stack, which somehow grew again. What can I say? Vacation Erin likes to support her hometown bookstores!
This month, I plan on reading:
- Fellow #Novel19s, Olivia Hinebaugh’s ARC of THE BIRDS, THE BEES, AND YOU AND ME
- Plum Sykes’ PRETTY GIRLS DIE IN PEARLS
- Zoje Stage’s BABY TEETH
- CJ Omololu’s THE THIRD TWIN
- Stuart Truton’s THE SEVEN DEATHS OF EVELYN HARDCASTLE
- Derek Milman’s SCREAM ALL NIGHT (not pictured because Kindle) and
- Alexandra Oliva’s THE LAST ONE (same)
As summer begins to give way to fall (THANK GOODNESS!) what books are on the top of YOUR list?